Key items to confirm before setting up a drip campaign:
- What kind of asset is being created?
Whose account will the asset be created in?
- The team can create a custom one, or you can choose a pre-made template from the software. Read here for more information on viewing all the content available to you.
- If you want to utilize one that is already in the portal, provide the name of the template and support will create the drip from that template
- Consider if you need to create a landing page for the campaign. You will only need to create a landing page for the campaign if your email asks contacts to RSVP to an event, download a piece of content, or sign up for a promotion for example. If you aren’t sure if you need a landing page, talk with your consultant.
- The team can create a custom one, or you can choose a premade template from the software. Read here for more information on viewing all the content available to you.
Whose name will be used as the sender and in the signature of the emails?
- Is there an admin that is going to be setting up and sending the email on behalf of another user? Or will it all be ran under one account?
Which contacts will be receiving this campaign?
- Who is this going on behalf of?
- Typically sales person or the CEO
Date and time the first email will be sent.
- Is this piece of mail intended for all contacts? Current customers? Warm leads? Prospects?
- Has the proper Smart List been created for the desired recipients?
- You may need to create the smart list first, then ask the team to associate this list with the campaign
- Since this is a B2B audience, we normally recommend between Tues - Thurs during business hours, but can be tested for their specific list and region at different times. Typically we do the next week day available.
- We normally don’t recommend Mondays or Fridays since executives in small businesses are usually either not in the office or catching up due to the weekend.
Subject: Create new email drip
Cc: you can CC your consultant here
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE TICKET: Download the document below to help you meet all of the following requirements. If you complete the downloadable resource, fill it out and send to support. That document will contain all the information to create your campaign.
- Email Template
Choose an email template for your campaign. If you want to utilize one that is already in the portal, provide the name of the template and support will create the drip from that template.
- Landing Page
If necessary according to conditions outlined above, create a landing page for your campaign. If you want to utilize one that is already in the portal, provide the name of the template and support will create the landing page from that template.
You will want to ask the team to provide an external tracking link for this landing page to be used in the email templates.
This can be sent via a word document or google sheet, such as the one attached below for your use in creating your campaign.
- Email 1
- Preview text
- Delay: How many days of a delay do you want between each email? Is it a 3-day delay between each email? Is it different after each email?
- List: Direct the team to send a campaign to a given list. For example, Send to “Receiving Marketing Emails” list or “All Contacts.” This may also be an industry specific smart list. You can also send in a CSV file to associate with the campaign.
- Date and Time to begin the drip
- Who is it being sent on behalf of? “On behalf of x user